L.I.N.K.S. is an acronym that stands for Lifestyle Insights, Networking, Knowledge, and Skills. It is an interactive acculturation program to Marine Corps life and the local installation. Participants learn about Corps history and rank, local installation resources, services, and benefits, military pay, separation and deployment, crossroad options, communication styles, investing in the community and Marine Corps traditions. Partnerships are made with several services and personnel to include career planners, chaplains, and L.I.N.K.S. mentors.
- Promotes positive adjustment and improved individual and family functioning.
- Training offered in Spanish and Japanese.
- Addresses issues children may be experiencing as a result of 13 plus years of war.
- L.I.N.K.S. training is available for specific groups including: Marines, spouses, kids, teens, parents and extended family, and unit sessions.
- Enhances community capacity with local installation information, resources, and introductions.
- L.I.N.K.S. opens the door to community involvement, mentorship, and volunteerism.
L.I.N.K.S. is offered through Marine Corps Family Team Building for basic Marine Corps acculturation, local installation resources, and community involvement. L.I.N.K.S. is offered as both an installation and unit training to Marines, Sailors and families. Additional family readiness training opportunities are available through LifeSkills and Readiness and Deployment Support training. To learn more about available classes, contact your installation MCFTB office. For specific information for your installation, please go to www.emarine.org and look for Marine Corps Family Team Building.