Unit HomeUnit HomeID Card Center
Marine Corps Recruiting Command


Marine Corps Recruiting Command

1st Marine Corps District

605 Stewart Ave, Garden City, NY 11530
ID Card Center

(The nearest one to Mitchell Field)



Effective March 18, 2020 and continuing until at least May 11, 2020. The DEERS/ID Center in Garden City, NY will be taking preventive measures to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus. These measures include limiting all traffic to mission essential needs. Mission essential needs are defined as DoD employees, service members, and contractors whose Common Access Cards (CAC) are lost, broken, or expiring within 60 days. Customers that do not fit into these categories will be denied access to the installation. For more information or concerns, please contact the DEERS/ID Center at 516-228-5695.


In an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19, the ID Card Center will be operating under reduced hours and by appointment only. All appointments will be made within the hours of 0800-0900, Monday to Friday. Please arrive 15 minutes early to your appointment.

To make an appointment please go to the following link:


 If you have any questions or would like to know what documents to bring, please feel free to contact us at (516) 228-5695.
  If no one answers this phone during the hours of operation call (516) 228-5660. 


All customers must have two (unexpired) forms of ID, both forms must be issued by State, Federal or Local Government. One of them must be a PHOTO ID, such as a drivers license or passport.  Some examples of a secondary form of ID can be a social security card, birth certificate or college ID.  All documents must be originals or certified copies. All dependants must have a signed DD form 1172 (application) signed by the sponsor. One can be printed out for you at the ID Card Center.  Be sure to bring an ID Card that has your name on it (to leave with the guards while you’re here)

If the Military Sponsor is unable to accompany you, a valid "General" or "Special" Power of Attorney will allow you to conduct business on your sponsor's behalf.


  • The sponsor needs to bring valid documentation for their dependent such as: Marriage Certificate, birth certificate, social security card, & a photo I.D. All documents must be originals or certified copies. Children become eligible for an ID Card when they turn 10 years old, up until age 21. 
  • Children Born out of Wedlock

Female Sponsors: Birth Certificate and Social Security Card; Male Sponsors: Voluntary Statement of Paternity/Court Order Establishing Paternity, Birth Certificate, SSN Card

  • *Full Time College Students (eligible for a dependant ID card from ages 21 through 23)

All College students must bring a letter from their school registrar's office stating that they are enrolled full time in an accredited college in pursuit of an Associate Degree or higher, this letter must also have an expected graduation date. For the Young Adult Youth Program, dependants age 23 – 26 can come in for an ID with the sponsor or a signed DD form 1172)

*If you are unable to log in to your network, the email address encoded on your CaC may be incorrect.  This can be easily fixed by coming in to any ID card center and updating your card with the correct email address.  After your CaC is fixed you will need to change your email address online at https//www.dmdc.osd.mil/ump/ click on replace certificates.
*If you lock your CaC card by 3 failed attempts at putting in the PIN, come to any ID card center to have the card unlocked.
*If your account is disabled or you are having trouble logging in to certain websites, please contact your system administrator or your local IT section.

Other ID Card Centers for this area;
Fort Totten in Flushing 718-352-5734
Fort Hamilton in Brooklyn 718-630-4557
Kings Point in Great Neck 516-773-5320
Gabreski Airport in Westhampton Beach 631-723-7374


Are you eligible for a Military ID Card?

You may be if…

  • You are currently serving in the military
  • You served at least 20 years or more in the military and then retired
  • You are a 100% Disabled American Veteran (DAV)

Dependant eligibility…

  • You are married to the military member, retired member or 100% DAV
  • You are legally divorced from the military member after having been married for at least 20 years and during that time the military member must have served at least 20 years.
  • You are the biological or legally adopted child (ages 10-21) or are 21 thru 23 and are a full time college student. (23 through 26 also for the Young Adult Youth Program)
  • You are the disabled dependant of a military member. This must be officially approved by your military branch’s Project Office. You can contact your unit or any ID Card Center for the phone number.


What is a Military ID Card used for?
This military ID Card is a privilege offered to allow you access to military installations, exchange and commissary, military health insurance, Space A Travel and MWR benefits.  There is a ton of information out there regarding military benefits. 
Just contact Veteran’s Affairs at www.va.gov or call 1-800-827-1000


District Pages